Friday, April 24, 2009

Coming to the End of the Trip

Belize it or not - my time in Belize is up. I have been going in circles trying to get final papers turned in, tutor at a high school, and study for finals next week. This doesn't sound too overwhelming until you add in the fact that my laptop has died for the second time on this trip. That means that I have to use the computers on campus for any paper work and I am used to studying at home at night, in the QUIET. Sometimes there is a class in the computer lab, and only two of the computers in the library will accept a USB. Many times I have just had to wait for a computer to be free.

As for the tutoring - not going so well. The students show up on their own schedule and I can tell they really don't want to be there. Three showed up (Tuesday) for the Tuesday-Thursday sessions and Wednesday I had only one from the Wednesday-Friday sessions. That makes a total of 4 out of 12 total. Today I will see if my Wednesday guy shows up again. He is the only one that seems interested at all.

I will continue posting after I get home and get the laptop fixed. There is plenty more to reflect on. I am ending now because I have a class and need to study for finals. More to come.

1 comment: