Monday, February 23, 2009

Variety of Resort Guests

I have been meeting the short term guest here at the resort. The Americans are very curious about why the other Americans are here. I am just like them; It is great to find out where they are from, where they have been, and what made them decide on Belize.

One family was from New York State. The three of them take a short trip to a different country each year. The teenage daughter is more mature than most American teens and really enjoyed the trips they were taking to the maya ruins. I enjoyed visiting with them, too bad they were only here for a weekend.

One group is four ladies that are related to a rotary scholar who is living in San Ignacio. They are from New Mexico and staying for three weeks. They are fun to talk to, but they are keeping busy getting to know the town and visiting the local sites. The student is going to Galen University so I may have to ask her about how she got a rotary scholarship. Maybe I will apply for one. It depends on the criteria.

I have met some couples from Ireland, England, Australia, and Germany. While they are very nice people, they are more reserved than Americans. Maybe it has more to do with age because a group of college students from Canada were very out going. They could hold a conversation on a wide variety of subjects. Also they were mature than half of the Americans students here. Meeting all of these people from other countries has me pondering the differences in the maturing process in different cultures.

I may not come up with the answers, but my ponderings will keep my mind busy. Why is it that the more I learn, the more questions I have? Anyone have the answer to that one?

No comments:

Post a Comment